KIT, FINNED CASE, TUBES, GPS or WiFi, POWER SUPPLY
JUST ADD YOUR OWN SOLDER AND ASSEMBLY!
Hobby Kit of Electronic Components
Includes Nixie Tubes and Finned Aluminum Case
Full color RGB Tube Lighting under each tube
RGB Tube lighting can be disabled if you prefer
What is Nixie QTC?
Nixie QTC takes a new path for Nixie Clocks for mid-sized solder-in tubes.
Learning from our past experiences of thousands of kits sold, we recognise a major customer concern and possibly the biggest drawback with solder-in tubes: They are soldered in!
Previously, a failed tube always meant a treacherous operation to delicately remove the tube whilst trying to preserve all traces intact. Whilst this was certainly possible, It was never easy, and made it uncomfortable to give a Nixe Clock as a gift in case a tube ever failed. With Nixie QTC (‘Quick Tube Change’), each tube is soldered only to its own mini ‘tube cell’ PCB. A tube can be changed in minutes with no danger to the main PCB. The small addition in cost is dwarfed by the huge advantage this gives. A single main board is capable of driving tens of different types of solder-in Nixie Tube. You can even completely change the tube type of your clock by installing new tube cells and tubes.
Complete PCB before mounting in the included case
The former K155ID1 / 74141 nixie driver IC is now replaced by a modern HV5812 High Voltage Driver IC by Supertex. With 20 outputs, it is able to drive the six Nixie Tubes in a very comfortable and low noise 3X2 multiplex.
GPS Time Synchronisation
A radical new clock design deserves a new and exciting GPS receiver module for those that demand the best timekeeping. And, with a groundbreaking price for a GPS receiver, a fully featured Nixie Clock with GPS synchronisation is now within the price range of most buyers.
Take a look at some of the new visual effects:
· Hours, Minutes and Seconds display
· 12 or 24 hour modes
· Uses a Quartz Crystal Oscillator as the timebase
· Programmable leading zero blanking
· Date display in either DD.MM.YY or MM.DD.YY format
· Programmable date display each minute
· Scrolling display of date or standard display
· Alarm, with programmable snooze period
· GPS Synchronisation Receiver Included
· Dedicated DST button to switch between DST and standard time
· Supercapacitor backup. Keeps time during short power outages
· Simple time setting using two buttons
· Programmable leading zero blanking
· Five programmable neon colon settings (Flashing AM/PM indication, illuminated AM/PM indication, both flashing, both on, both off)
· Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely the set time
· Programmable night mode - blanked or dimmed display to save tubes or prevent sleep disturbance
· Rear Indicator LEDs dim at night to prevent sleep disturbance
· Weekday aware ‘Master Blank’ function to turn off HV/ tubes on weekends or during working hours
· Separate modes for colon neons during night mode
· Standard, fading, or fading + scrollback display modes
· ‘Slot Machine’ cathode poisoning prevention routine
· Programmable RGB tube lighting – select YOUR favourite colour palette
· 729 colours possible. Have a different colour of your choice every hour, or autochanging colours
· Not AC frequency dependent – works in all countries
· All user preferences stored to non-volatile memory
The following electronic components are provided, including:
6 X IN-14 Nixie tubes, with 18mm digit height
6 X Tube cell components for mounting the tubes
All transistors, resistors, capacitors, ICs, diodes
2 X Neon bulbs for hours:minutes:seconds separators
Double sided, plated - through - hole PCB with red solder resist.
Fully pre-programmed PIC microcontroller, with socket
Piezo alarm sounder
RGB Tube Lighting LEDs
Bead Blast Aluminum Case (Looks Like Mac Book !)
Comes with either our Micro GPS Time Receiver or our WFi NTP Sync Device.
Please leave a note on your order to tell us which you want!
Case is Precision CNC Machined then Fine Bead Blasted.
The finish is very similar to a Mac Book
500mA Power Adapter Included. We will send the correct type for your shipping location