Micro GPS Module - only 16X16X6 mm
Brand new stock - not redundant or obsolete.
Volume supply possible - please send us a message
The Micro GPS Module has the following features. Note that it has an onboard antenna - no need to connect a separate antenna. The breakout board allows easy access to all the module's pins, and you only have to solder the small pitch module connecions ONCE to attach to the breakout board. This gives a much more stable system, for reliable embedded system development.
The board additionally features the connections (with components included) to make a simple zener regulator for supplying the required voltage (3.3V) to the Vbackup pin if you are powering the module from 5V. Without the correct voltage to this pin, the module will not operate.
If you are powering the module from 3.3V, you can simply connect Vbackup to Vcc.
Decoupling capacitors for Vbackup and Vcc are also included.
This module has a customised firmware specially for embedded developers:
The module operates at 4,800 bps rather than the 9,600 bps stated in the datasheet.
Download module datasheet here
Download module command data here (advanced users - not needed to get GPS data out)
• MediaTek MT3329 Single Chip
• NMEA-0183 sentences at 4,800 bps on Tx pin
• L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 channels
• Supports up 210 PRN channels
• Jammer detection and reduction
• Multi-path detection and compensation
• Dimension: 16mm x 16mm x 6mm
• Patch Antenna Size: 15mm x 15mm x 4mm
• High Sensitivity: Up to -165 dBm tracking, superior urban performances
• Position Accuracy: without aid: 3m 2D-RMS , DGPS (SBAS(WAAS,EGNOS,MSAS)):2.5m 2D-RMS
• Low Power Consumption: 48mA @ acquisition, 37mA @ tracking
• Low Shut-Down Power Consumption: 15uA, typical
• DGPS(WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN) support (Default: Enable)
• Max. Update Rate: up to 10Hz (Configurable)
• Dual interface: UART TTL or USB
• FCC E911 compliance and AGPS support (Offline mode : EPO valid up to 14 days )
• 3.3V or 5V power supply
• RoHS Compliant